2017 NFL Season, Broncos Preview
Just a week ago we were still reeling after the Broncos made some unexpected moves on cutdown day, and finalized the squad with a Practice Squad. Now, we're on the cusp of Week 1 of the NFL Season, with the Broncos playing the LAST game of the weekend on Monday night.
Before the season kicks off, let's take a look at what we might expect this season beginning Monday night.
* Can the Broncos offensive line improve? The Broncos will have at least three and possibly four new starters on the offensive line on Monday night, but will it help? The Broncos need the O-Line to step up in a big way this season for the offense to flourish.
* Who is the third receiving option? We know the Broncos will lean on Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders, but who is the next man up? Will it be Cody Latimer? How about Bennie Fowler or Jordan Taylor? Will the Broncos get production from the tight end? My gut feeling is one of those three receivers needs to make their presence felt.
* Can Trevor Siemian take the leap? Based on what we've seen, Paxton Lynch is not the answer, at least not anytime soon. And I don't think Brock Osweiler is the answer. So, can Siemian take this job and run with it? Let's hope so.
* Who powers the run game? I think the answer is CJ Anderson, a player I still believe in. But I'm curious to see what Jamaal Charles adds to the game plan as well.
* What about the No Fly Zone? Arguably the strangest move of last week was when Denver gave TJ Ward his walking papers. They believe in Justin Simmons, a player whose talent I like. But how will it effect the chemistry of this defensive unit, or will it at all? Hard to tell, but we have to hope the answer is no.