Fall TV Roundup, Week 13


We're into December, and new shows are slowing to a trickle. Don't dismay, they'll heat up to a fiery pace in January (Beginning January 1 if you can believe it). In these weekly posts I look at the pilot and second episode of new shows this fall. Don't see a new show listed below? Check previous weeks.

Wednesday Nights:
Incorporated, Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on SyFy (Premiered November 30)
About: This latest show is set in the near future when corporations rule the world and people even in the wealthiest nations, like the United States, live in poverty. I know that premise seems hard to believe. It also turns out these corporations aren't great, and they've created a class system that oppresses the poor. Again, I know you'll find it hard to believe. Of course, that was mostly all I took away from the pilot episode. Sure, there were some characters and some famous performers (Dennis Haysbert and Julia Ormond are part of this cast), but there wasn't a lot of clear character definition and world building. Where is this heading? What makes corporations evil aside from greed. What defines this world? Is there really a government? Hopefully we get some of these answers as the series moves forward because, after the initial hour, I'm not sure what I'm watching.
Pilot Grade: C+

Streaming Series:
Pacific Heat, Now Streaming on Netflix (Debuted December 2)
About: This is an adult cartoon about an inept police squad in Australia and their misadventures. That's about all I feel like saying about this show aside from the fact you shouldn't watch it. The first two episodes were incredibly dull and pointless. This is one of the worst shows I've seen debut on Netflix. Granted, I'm not a big adult cartoon proponent, but I have to think even by those standards, this was pretty weak.
Pilot Grade: D
Second Episode: D-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working Out Our Salvation

Favorite Movies Countdown — No. 3

Kobe, Phil, and the languishing Lakers