2016 Broncos Season, Final Roster Projections


The pre-season is over and the final roster has to be set by Saturday, but I suspect the Broncos will make some moves Friday as they have a short window until their first game of the regular season. Here's my final roster predictions:

QB: (2)
* Trevor Siemian
* Paxton Lynch
Lynch did enough last night to secure his position as the backup. I think this leaves Mark Sanchez on the outside looking in. He'll likely go somewhere, but it won't be Denver.

RB: (3)
* CJ Anderson
* Devontae Booker
* Kapri Bibbs
This marks a big change for me. I've thought Ronnie Hillman would be kept most of the pre-season, but game flow last night made me think something different. I think the Broncos will go young here, and Hillman will be left out.

FB: (2)
* Andy Janovich
* Juwan Thompson
It wouldn't surprise me to keep just one player here, but I think the Broncos like Thompson for his depth and his work on Special Teams.

WR: (6)
* Demaryius Thomas
* Emmanuel Sanders
* Jordan Norwood
* Jordan Taylor
* Bennie Fowler
* Cody Latimer
I think the Broncos saw enough from Fowler and Latimer to keep them around. This is a tough position group to get a feel for, but I think we keep six, and it's these top six.

TE: (3)
* Virgil Green
* Jeff Heuerman
* John Phillips
This was pretty well settled when Garrett Graham went on IR. Still, Green is locked in as the starter, Phillips has had a great pre-season, and Heuerman remains a talented mystery who can't stay healthy.

OL: (9)
* Russell Okung
* Donald Stephenson
* Matt Paradis
* Max Garcia
* Ty Sambraillo
* Michael Schofield
* Darion Weems
* Connor McGovern
* James Ferentz
Another tough position group to totally nail down, especially with injury concerns. I think a couple players will be added to the Practice Squad, but these are the nine they'll keep.

DL: (6)
* Derek Wolfe
* Sylvester Williams
* Jared Crick
* Darius Kilgo
* Adam Gotsis
* Billy Winn
Another place where I made a change. Henry Melton is a veteran, but he hasn't looked strong. I think the Broncos like Winn and will keep him on the roster.

LB: (9)
* Von Miller
* DeMarcus Ware
* Brandon Marshall
* Todd Davis
* Shane Ray
* Shaq Barrett
* DeKoda Watson
* Zaire Anderson
* Corey Nelson
This is probably the Broncos' strongest and deepest roster group. These nine are great, and all will be contributors this season.

DB: (10)
* Chris Harris, Jr.
* Aqib Talib
* TJ Ward
* Darian Stewart
* Bradley Roby
* Kayvon Webster
* Justin Simmons
* Will Parks
* Taurean Nixon
* Ryan Murphy
Lorenzo Doss is a big question here, as is Shiloh Keo, who is suspended for two games. I go back-and-forth, but I think the Broncos will make some tough decisions here and only two of the group of four (Nixon, Murphy, Doss and Keo) will be kept. Based on last night, I think it's Nixon and Murphy.

Special Teams: (3)
* Brandon McManus
* Riley Dixon
* Casey Krieter
This group is set, and has been for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working Out Our Salvation

Kobe, Phil, and the languishing Lakers

Favorite Movies Countdown — No. 3