2016 Broncos Season — Training Camp


As a Broncos fan growing up in California, it seemed like the team was so far away. In fact, it wasn't a guarantee that you'd even get to see the games. (This was in the dark ages before Sunday Ticket allowed you to be a fan from afar). But I loved the team anyway, and I soaked up each and every moment that I got to see them.

Often, my Dad and I would talk about what it would be like to get to go and see the team. When I moved to Colorado Springs in 2012, I realized a first dream. I took a tour of the stadium that summer, getting to field level and even touching a corner of the end zone.

The following summer, I went to my first game at Mile High. Then, in 2014, I went to a game at Mile High with my Dad. It was a surreal experience to be there in person to see the Broncos, something we'd talked about for so long.

Yesterday, I got to experience another dream. My dad, my sister, my wife and I all attended an open Training Camp practice with the Broncos at Dove Valley. It was a long, hot day in the sun, but it was an incredible experience. Here's a couple of my take aways.

* I got an autograph from Adam Gotsis, our new defensive end. He is huge, and incredibly friendly. Can't wait to see him tear it up for the Broncos.

* Watching drills and work outs is way more fascinating than I even imagined. And the Broncos' practice facility (including the indoor space I got to see) is great.

* Von Miller is still going through conditioning after missing the off-season programs, but he has a great personality. He even did a little dancing to entertain the crowd during practice.

* My favorite drill was the receiver drill. Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders were held out of practice, but they were all too happy to grab the pads and challenge their fellow receivers on one particular drill. It was fascinating to watch, and a lot of fun.

* The quarterback race is taking shape. Paxton Lynch looked good. He throws and incredible deep ball, and I'm excited about his future. Trevor Siemian looks like a career back up. He makes nice reads and throws underneath, but he struggled on deeper passes. Mark Sanchez looks like a polished starter. I think he will do well for Denver this season.

* My favorite player in practice was wide receiver Kalif Raymond. He made incredible catches and looked great. He was all heart and hustle. I can't wait to see him in a game and I'll be rooting for him to make the team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Working Out Our Salvation

Kobe, Phil, and the languishing Lakers

Favorite Movies Countdown — No. 3